Saturday, November 29, 2008

Yes I know, Thanksgiving was 2 days ago...








I haven't been on in a few days to enable myself to update my blog. I figured this time would definitely be a good time to mention some of the things and people I'm thankful for.

I'm thankful for my lovely Mom. Where would I be without her? She was basically a single mother all my life. Working long night shifts and still making much time for me. Supporting me in all that I do. She was at my Soccer practice and games in middle school, my day long tennis tournaments in HS supporting me and my team, my special events, my graduation and she moved me up to college. That's only a few. She wasn't too excited when I told her about my plans to join the Air Force, but really what mother would? Especially if it was her only child.. Her only daughter deciding to join in a time of war? Even then I got her support. She wrote me tons of letters in BMT and so much more. I'm trying to keep this short though :) But I'm very thankful to have a super mom. She hasn't had the easiest life.

My Aunt Nene & Daddy Michael. Those are my aunt and uncle if you couldn't figure it out. Nene is my moms younger sister. Her younger and much intimidating sister. haha Her husband, my uncle is Daddy Michael. He was more of a father and dad to me than my real one was so he earned this name and it stuck. :) They helped my mom out alot when I was younger and my mom had to work. They are so awesome. They let me ride their horses too when I'm in town :) I know my aunt hates this picture, but she doesn't like taking pictures! I swear! I even have one of her hiding behind a restaurant menu haha

My BFFF! Leslie! Honestly, and she knows this but I hated her. haha She was so mean to me in HS! Like a huge b!t**. Or maybe we were just too much alike? When I was a sophomore and she a junior we quickly became friends. And that hasn't changed. She the best friend anyone could ask for. I remember we got in a fight before I left for basic training.. Well a day before my graduation my mom was allowed to come see me and we could go hang out on base. I was playing with my mom's cell phone since mine was still in lock-up and Leslie texts my mom! She was trying to come and surprise me for my graduation even though I didn't invite her because we were mad before I left. I called her and she was shocked it was me. I guess she thought I was still mad, but I got over it quickly in basic because I didn't have time to think about it really. I still missed her, and I miss her like crazy now! I'm so proud of her. She's going to college at Texas A&M University GIG 'EM! I'm definitely going to have to fly home for her graduation :) Since I'm 1,000 miles away from her. PS. I get to see her in 13.5 days!

Ah my favorite cousin Amanda. Who was so mean to me growing up. haha She's so awesome. I never thought we'd ever have so much in common and get along so well. I guess we didn't because I was a kid, in elementary when she was just in high school. Now we're both old in our 20's. :) So this is my bad influence of a cousin. She knows what I'm talking about. But actually she isn't bad at all. Just fun. She has a little boy Brayden, who is and will always be my #1 man. And she is married to Chad! Who is pretty cool as well. They Have 2 dogs, Hummer and Pixie. Pixie gets on my dang nerves though. haha I never had a thing for small dogs really. So Amanda & Chad & Brayden. They are one awesomely awesome little cute family. I'm thankful to have them in my life because they are just so dang awesome! I talk to Amanda almost as much as my best friend. I would say she is kind of one of my best friends but she's still my favorite cousin ever! & she's so pretty!



Since this month was exactly a year since I graduated Basic Military Training, I most definitely have to mention the girls from Flight 002. They were my life in those hellish 6.5 weeks. We helped each other out. That was honestly the only way to survive. We went through alot of stuff together that alot of people will never understand. I'm thankful I didn't have to do it alone. Hua wolfpack!



I'm trying to keep this halfway short so I'm going to mention Dana, then Jen & Lauren together. While in tech school my wingman Dana and I were practically inseperable. Me and her had gone to BMT together so it was no surprise as to how close we were. We ended up in the same class and we were even going to the same base! She was awesome and we had so many good times together. Then I got reclassed and she moved on to her Phase 2 schooling. I stayed at Sheppard AFB but moved to a completely different kind of Squadron. While my medical squadron was mostly girls and I had so many friends I moved down to 366. Mean Machine. Not much of a feminine squadron. When I got there I was the 9th girl out of about 400 guys. Heaven? Not so much. A bunch of pains in the asses if you as me. :) Then I met Lauren! She was so welcoming. I was so nervous to move out of my bubble. She invited me to IHOP with her and some of the other girls and we were all soon inseperable. Honestly how far could we go? All 9 of us shared 1 hallway. lol Anyway, well I hadn't started school yet so I had to do CQ duty where I met so many new faces. Honestly I don't remember half of their names. I was "the new girl". I got so tired of being called that. Could they not read my last name on my uniform? haha anyway, so a few weeks later word got out that we were getting new girls. I was excited! That's when Jen came. Me, her and Lauren hung out all the time! To this day those are the only 2 I really keep in touch with. Nothing against the other girls. We just got along so well. I miss them so so much and I wish we got stationed together! Dana is now at Eglin AFB in Florida, Lauren is at whatever base is in South Dakota and Jen is at Whiteman AFB, Missouri. and me? I'm in Southern Georgia at a tiny base called Moody. I hated tech school but I miss the fun times we had. Thanks girls! I miss ya'll!

My G-PA! Papaw. He has done so much for me. I'm so thankful. Right now he's putting up with crap for me while we try and get me a new car. He rode with me to Georgia from Texas and rode a bus back. I wasn't too thrilled about that. Then he offered to drive my new car here from Texas since I'll be flying. I'll definitely be treating him to some amazing Italian food when he does. Papaw used to take me to car races. He used to walk me around his and my grandmas home when I was little and tell me who everyone in every picture was on their walls. Papaw served 20+ years in the USAF. I look up to him. Don't think I'm not thankful for my g-ma as well, I just think my Papaw deserves to have his own paragraph. I'm very much thankful for the both of them. Oh and they adopted my cat Ariel when I left. I miss her so much! The picture is of us hugging at my graduation from BMT. :)

Alright so those were the people who came straight to mind when I thought of who I'm thankful for. I don't want to offend any others because I don't think I could mention every one of my friends and family without spending more than 24 hr's straight on this thing. I'm happy my family is who they are. And I'm happy I have the friends that I have.

Now on to materialistic..
I'm thankful for:
my cell phone
my laptop
my car
photographs
restaurants
Starbucks
the color pink
music
movies
and so much more. :)

No comments: